What is a Cord?
- Cords are energy links between two or more people.
- Cords are made of astral energy (Subtle)
- As the cord is not a physical substance and distance is irrelevant, so it is still effective from the other side of the planet.
- Cords are strong thoughts or emotions of one person towards another.
- Usually, negative thought forms will manifest as a cord. This unhealthy cord can often lead to feelings of being controlled or drained of energy. They are normally attached by mutual agreement, but there are lots of ways to persuade, trick, or con people into being corded.
How and when do Cords form ?
All babies have a cord going from their belly to their mother after the physical umbilical cord is cut. Some may have extra cords going from the heart, solar plexus or even the head to various parts of the mother’s energy body. The cord or cords that exist during infancy last for a few years and gradually drop off as the child becomes more independent from the mother and does not need the connection any more.
- There is an energy cord between the child’s first chakra at the base of his spine and the mother’s first chakra at the base of her spine.
- Mother-child relationship cords start with heart chakra and then go on to form in all the other chakras (Ref: Barbara Brennan, Light Emerging). Cords to males tend to be on the right side of your chakra or body, relationship cords to females on the left. Often they were useful, but outlive their usefulness.
- The cord may have been very important when you were 2 years old, but now in adulthood it is no longer useful, but if the cord is still there then you always feel you are being drained by her, through a cord that has become thick and gross with negative emotions and emotional neediness. You do not know exactly what is happening but you sense that somehow You move to another country to get away but wherever you go it almost feels like she is there with you – she is draining you from afar.
- Another common cord is between two lovers where they share their energy with the other the feelings of love and sharing are often enough to build a cord.(during sex this is amplified greatly).
Often these cords are between the bellies but can be in other areas like the heart or solar plexus, etc. If two people have been in an emotional relationship for a long time, there is a possibility of having a cord. Depending on the emotional connection, the cord can become gross especially if one partner is needy it is likely that they will drain the other which could eventually lead to resentment by the drained partner. Some cords that become too gross can cause serious problems for a couple and could certainly lead to a break-up. Clearing a cord can help alleviate the emotional intensity so the couple can progress to a more balanced relationship. If a breakup does occur, the cord may stay for a long time and continue to operate, making it hard to let go and to move on with another partner. In this case clearing the cord can do wonders.
- Cords can be created between any two people or even groups of people that have emotional relationships. Friends, workmates, enemies can all have cords.
- Cords can be used by entities and other dimensional beings to connect with us and drain our energy.
- It is possible to send a cord to someone you don’t know if you really want to get to know them. For example say you fall in love with someone but have not yet talked to them. It is possible that your desire to have them may send a cord into their energy.
- In the Psychic realm, it is also possible to consciously create a cord to another person but this is in the domain of black magic. You should never use psychic means to purposely control or affect another’s energy without their permission. There are no exemptions from this rule and the karmic repercussions are enormous!
- Sometimes cords may come from thoughts created by memories stored in the subconscious mind and the person may not be even aware of it and this thought energy will be going out towards the other person in the form of a cord. Like a cord coming to heart chakra of a 65 year old man can be from a girl whom he liked when he was 20 but never married her and over the years has even forgotten about it but that female would be still carrying that hurt in her subconscious mind and sending him the cord.
How long do the Cords last?
Cords can be a temporary telepathic and energetic link between two people. Usually, a cord doesn’t last long and dissipate within a few days or even hours.
If a beautiful girl visits a market place and some men find her attractive and send her lustful energy, such cords may be short lived because after sometime those men may even forget about her. If a wife makes some plan for weekend but her husband suddenly has to go to office for urgent work, wife can send cord to husband and also to his boss but these may be a short lived cords
Cords can be dynamic when the other person is constantly thinking of you mostly in a negative way. A Negative thought of divorced life partner can be a dynamic cord. Thick, long lasting and energy draining.
Why do Cords form?
Cording is a bit like grabbing of a stranger by the arm so that you can speak with them. Sometimes it can be appropriate if done with permission or by agreement. Cording is a necessity between infant and mother and in circumstances where someone’s survival truly depends on a cord to another. These cords tend to dissolve naturally when the need has ended. Beyond this, cording is not necessary even though it is a common practice.
Cording has the advantage of obtaining information rapidly without time-consuming verbal and social communication. Cording is equally effective in communicating to another over great distance or when social barriers prevent verbal contact. However cording is intrusive and can produce physical irritation. In addition, it can create confusion and can definitely be karma-forming if the other person registers it as an emotional intensity. Respectful psychic communication can take place without the penetration of a cord and can be heard or ignored the recipient as they choose.
What are different types of cords?
Cords can be sent intentionally or unintentionally and can come from people we know and at times even from people we do not know. Sometimes cords will come from dead people also for example a dead friend with whom you had some negative issue which was never resolved.
Etheric cords can form between people, objects, and situations where there is a fearful attachment, afraid to let go, scared to be alone, afraid to be without. These are invisible energy links and weigh heavily on the person. There is a fear of loss and abandonment.
Energy cords show themselves as that surge that you get when you connect with someone. It could be anger, fear, resentment, lust or any other emotion. It depends hugely on the person, the circumstances, and on your openness to the feeling. You can easily suppress feeling it with your own mind. I think it still happens, but you can shut down your awareness of it.
Where do we find them?
Cords can be found in
- One or more body organs (In some cases, a cord will come to the weak parts of your body. For example if you are already having a physical problem in the liver, the cord easily comes to the liver)
- Any area of the physical body/Energy/ astral/ emotional body
- One or more or all major chakras and/ or minor chakras (Cord are mainly attached to the Solar Chakra)
- The reasons for cording are many, they can be emotionally created through jealousy, envy, anger, hurt , disappointment, revenge, lust,etc. Even created to get knowledge out of a person. Affinity, control, knowledge and curiosity are the main motivations for cording between people.
Jealous Lovers are often corded between the second and third chakras .
Competitors may try to dominate one another or control submissive types via the third chakra (center of power).
Teachers and students may be corded at the fifth, sixth or seventh chakras — all centers of higher learning.
- Spiritual Cords can be said to be white magic cords when found in the Third Eye and Crown Chakras. They come when we give our consent (knowingly or unknowingly)to Spiritual Gurus or Organisations. If we trust Healers or Shamans who are not aligned to their own Higher Self and are more materialistic, visit religious places where there is discrimination, fear and guilt is used by the heads to control the devoted, then cordng takes place.
Cords are usually placed into the front of the chakras, but they can enter from the back as well. Usually those entering from the front are there by agreement whereas those entering from the back are sent covertly.
Typically, those who are good at covert control or others who feel fearful of communicating more directly send these cords.
Cording is most frequent in the following situations:
Between friends, lovers or mates, these cords usually say, “I want to love you” or “What do you feel for me right now?” or “What will do for me now?”
Between teachers and students, these cords say, “What do you know?” or “you must Know this and follow this alone.”
Between those with sexual interest in one another, these say, “Are you interested?” or “Yes, I am.”
Between enemies, these cords say, “You will do as I want” or “What is your strategy?” or “Take that!”
In crowds, cords are ways for people to check each other out clandestinely or even openly. There is a feeling of safety in numbers. This kind of cording is usually undertaken to satisfy curiosity. The cord may say, “What are you like,” “What do you believe,” or “Who are you?”
What are the different sources from where we draw cords to ourselves?
- Your Spouse and children, other family members, relatives, In-laws
- Classmates and teachers
- Employees/ Employers/Office colleagues
- Your competitors in work/ business
- From patients to a healer
- Ex-boyfriends/ girlfriends, ex-husband/ wife (extremely negative in most cases)
- Males / females you reject for marriage ( in case of arranged marriages)
- Spiritual Gurus/ Organisations/ Healers/Religious places/Occult practitioners
What can cords do to us? Cords come with a build-up of numerous energies and emotions, such as need, hatred, control, desire, love, anger, jealousy, envy etc. These cords can create problems in the form of Physical Ailments like aches and pains,Emotional Disturbances like depression, rage, exhaustion, Mental Disturbances ,burn-out, Various types of Blocks in various aspects of life like job, finances etc
When we give power away to other people because our relationship with self is dysfunctional, we actually allow cords of energy to tie us to those people.
Cords are normally formed on a subconscious level, through a person’s need for strength, manipulation, control. If you have decided to move on from a relationship and you find it particularly difficult to “let-go” it may be that there are cords of attachment from the other person holding you back. A person going through a divorce may be feeding their anger, rage, stress, and jealousy to the other person and vice versa. Without realising it, parents feed these emotions to their children and partners, creating all sorts of problems for everyone.
If you have a cord attached to someone you love and that person is going through a major crisis, they may be draining energy from you. So you will feel drained without knowing why. In this case some healthy boundaries need to be created.
You can cut the cords, but unless you resolve the underlying reason why you corded in the first place, the cords will keep coming back.
There are many techniques to remove the cords and attachments. It is important to trust your inner eye. Whatever you see will be correct for you as your inner sight comes direct from your unconscious.
Sometimes these cords reach across time and space, so we have to so we have to work with them on all levels.
As life is lived, the process of sorting and disentangling is obviously much more complex and subtle. As you make the music of your life less dysfunctional, the people attracted to the dysfunctional part of you will fall off automatically, as they are unable to harmonise with you. Chords are better than cords.